To assist with the set up and development of the division they are looking to appoint a Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist to support all supply chain procurement practices & vendor contract management for the business.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Review & measure existing procurement practices
- Develop, implement, enhance & standardize procurement processes across the business
- Build & maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify, manage & mitigate supplier risk
- Oversee supplier qualification and vendor assessment initiatives
- Ensure vendor compliance with ISO, Safety and Security standards
- Maintain and improve quality systems in order to ensure and enhance service level excellence
- Special projects as required
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role from either logistics, supply chain, warehouse distribution management industries
- Solid regional and industry knowledge of supply chain services
- Related experience in project management, implementation, logistics solutions engineering
- Ability to analyse, interpret & present customer & financial data
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
- Background in Medical Devices will be highly advantageous
- Computer literacy in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio)
- Degree in Logistics/Transport or relevant industry highly desired
- Skilled in decision making, problem solving, conflict resolution & negotiation
- Open minded & ability to work across/with multiple teams
- Strong communication skills – both written & verbal
- Independent, organised, and efficient
- Detail orientated, accurate & strong problem-solving skills
- Professionalism, integrity and the ability to build long term relationships
FedEx Logistics have engaged the services of People in Focus to coordinate the recruitment of their new Supply Chain division based in Western Sydney.
All communication for available positions will be directed through People in Focus, please feel free to contact Renee Hooper for further information – m 0455 485 826.
People in Focus specialise in creating employment solutions in international and domestic freight forwarding and logistics. Interviews can be scheduled at a location convenient to you.