Main duties and responsibilities:
- Receive new orders from agent or clients
- Liaise with overseas agents to arrange the timely and cost effective shipping of cargo via seafreight (mainly) but also some airfreight
- Liaise with and keep clients updated on shipment status where required
- Receive documents from clients and/or overseas agents and arrange for jobs to be entered in the system by the registration team.
- Liaise with customs brokers for customs clearance
- Issue invoices to clients and/or overseas agents
- Check and enter cost invoices from service providers and overseas agents
- Issue delivery orders
- Liaise with transport dept for FCL deliveries or arrange deliveries direct with couriers for LCL & airfreight shipments.
- Experience using Cargowise or similar operating system
- Experience in import sea with a Freight Forwarder
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
Apply online now or for a confidential discussion contact Kristy Fairweather on 0415 760 527.
People in Focus are specialists in creating employment solutions in international and domestic freight forwarding and logistics. Interviews can be scheduled at a location convenient for you.