In the role you will report to the Logistics Manager and work closely with the Corporate Logistics, Corporate Buying and Regional teams as well as freight forwarders and other external suppliers on a daily basis. This challenging role involves a high degree of responsibility and autonomy in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate would ideally have experience in Freight Forwarding, with a solid knowledge of Import Sea and Domestic operations being highly regarded.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepare, calculate and provide advice on freight costing options
- Assist with the efficient coordination and movement of international and domestic freight
- Provide timely and accurate information related to the status of freight movement
- Assist with the development and roll-out of Special Projects
- Analyse data to assist with preparation of freight metrics
- Maintaining an understanding of Logistics, Buying and Regional procedures related to freight
- Provide general administrative support to the Logistics Manager
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Solid problem solving skills and attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and dedication
- Accountability and take of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- An ability to work autonomously while contributing in an environment of teamwork
Don't miss this exciting opportunity - apply online today or contact Sharyn Waterworth 0432 990 472 for further information.
People in Focus are specialist in providing employment solutions in Freight, Shipping and Logistics. Interviews can also be scheduled at a location convenient for you.