Due to continued growth and success they are seeking an experienced Airfreight Operator to look after end-to-end operational duties for import & export shipments. They are interested in people who desire a long term career and willingness to develop as the business continues to grow.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Process job registrations and pre-alerts
- Air cargo automation
- Coordinate airport retrievals to bond store including check-in & reporting of discrepancies
- Collection & handover of delivery orders
- Receiving bookings for export shipments
- Booking freight with airlines
- Coordinating pick up and deliveries of freight
- Preparing export documentation & complete export entries (EDN)
- Finalise job invoices and costs
- Ensure airline security arrangements and procedures are met
- Tracking and status updates of flight arrivals/departures
- Ensure dangerous good/hazardous guidelines are met
- Negotiate freight rates with airlines and co-loaders
- Preparing quotations for clients and overseas agents
- Liaise and maintain relationships with clients, overseas agents, airlines, freight forwarders and internal departments
- Solid industry knowledge of import/export air processes
- Experience in Cargowise is highly desired
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills when working with airlines and transport companies on rates
- Team player, have a positive attitude and have the ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online or for further information please contact Renee Hooper - mobile: 0455 485 826.
People in Focus are specialist in providing employment solutions in Freight, Shipping and Logistics. Interviews can also be scheduled at a location convenient for you.